Monday, February 15, 2010

Fount of every blessing

So this morning i left the house and halfway to town realized that i didnt have my retainer. I figured i had left it at home so i let it be. Then i went to the department of public safety to get my permit well turns out their closed presidents day. When we got home we searched every trash can in the house for my retainer. We didnt find it. I prayed to GOD that HE would show it to us but HE didnt seem to listen (at least to the "now" part) and we leave town Wednesday. Today was turning out to be pretty bad. Then i turned on the radio and heard a song of praise (i listen to air1). It got me thinking how often i praise GOD. I mean sure every Sunday morning and Wednesday night, whenever HE does something great, or ya know a good song comes on the radio; but i never really praise HIM when things go wrong. Sure i turn to HIM for help, but i dont thank HIM when HE doesnt. Sure i tell HIM HE's great and awesome (buttering HIM up) but i dont thank HIM. I get so caught up in how i need help that i dont see the help HE does give. We were able to get me an appoitment with my orthodonist for tuesday my reatainer will be in that evening, it will only cost us $95, normally the things are in the hundreds, I now have more time to study for my driving test. When we cant see GOD provide, it just means were looking in the wrong place.

"Come thou fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it,
Mount of THY redeeming love.

Sorrowing I shall be in spirit,
Till released from flesh and sin,
Yet from what I do inherit,
Here Thy praises I’ll begin;
Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Here by Thy great help I’ve come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home."


No comments:

Post a Comment