Monday, September 14, 2009

Eek! talk God! Scary

Why is it that we all seem afraid to talk about God? Everything goes fine until we are asked question about our faith. Where im from there is a church on nearly every street you can literally look out a window and see two or three churches. most people attend church and more still claim Christ. You would think we would have no problem talking about our Lord but yet whenever a question is asked the whole room falls quiet. I think for me its cause God is personal. To talk about Him is like sharing many of my deepest secrets. I'm scared about what people will say. I recently went through a time in my life when I wasn't sure about some stuff. I often sought my Bible but i never told anyone. When i finally did I found out i didn't need to fight this fight. A friend of mine is going through a similar struggle she has shared and has received the same advice I did but with half the pain. We are called to live a life as a community we can not do this on our own. Part of being a Christian is supporting others. How can we support the lost when we never get a chance to practice on the found? I want to urge you to share with others your hurts and pains and that when someone else shares theirs that you would be the first one to comfort them. This is what Faithblog-ej is about, being a community, this is supposed to be a place that you can pour out your hearts to fellow believers. no one can point and laugh at you no one will ever know who said it but they will reach out and support you. who else can we turn to if not our sisters and brothers in Christ? Please share your thoughts .

No comments:

Post a Comment