Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Beyond Belief

GOD does not conform to who we think HE is. HE is who HE is. We can not think HIM any different. HE is the great I AM.
I have recently been struggling with my faith. Just one of those times when you don't understand anything and feel inadequate. I've been reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. the last few chapters talk about seeking GOD instead of who you want HIM to make you into. In other words seek GOD first THEN HE will change you. I was thinking about that tonight when i realized that i don't know who GOD is. I have been fitting HIM into a mold. Making HIM who i want HIM to be or think HE is. Then it occurred to me . . . does it matter what i think HE is?

GOD is a real and tangible being. HE is not a figment of our imagination. It sounds simple yet i find it hard to grasp. You see HE is who HE is. HE does not change. HE is real. Just because i think someone is some particular way does not make them so. I can understand this with other people but with GOD i find it hard.

In reality GOD is more real than anything we know. Yet for me HE is often , no, HE is, simply a story book character. HE is no different than the Greek gods. Of course i don't believe the Greek gods exist while i do believe GOD does. But for me it ends there, believing HE exists. Yet i am constantly told that there is more. That HE is more than just a belief.

I guess that is what is really meant by finding GOD. To go beyond belief.

I love you all may GOD bless through this week and may you go beyond belief to find a real and tangible GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment