Saturday, June 5, 2010

Prayer

Since I havent posted in forever I hope this post means more to those of you who read it. My personal story of prayer has been over the years I have prayed at meal times and bed like my parents have always taught me. It is habit, habit is good to a certain extent but dont let habit override the reason you pray. Prayer should be talking to God, and God talking to you. Not literally of course. I have never met anyone who has personally heard Gods voice as we think a voice is. But He does answer. Sometimes no , sometimes wait, sometimes yes. So on with my personal experience with prayer is back to habit. And then my parents announced about 5 years ago that we were about to move. I prayed long and hard - I didnt want to move again and I did get mad at God for not sweeping in and fixing everything. But now that I look over my life Im glad I dont still live where I did. Yes I miss my friends, sports, etc but I can see some sense in Gods decision now that my head is clear.
So, about a year ago I started praying really hard for something to happen ( which I will keep a secret so as to not embarrass this person ) but I prayed really hard in January through about March for this. When it didnt happen right away I did what I had always done, kinda got mad cause I thought God said no. I didnt think much about it after that but I still really wanted this really bad. Then in August what I had prayed for sorta came, but my head was so full of it i didnt even see it. I only looked back about a month ago and was speechless to see that God did answer my prayer, just not as fast as I wanted it . And once again now that my head is clear I understand why I didnt get what I wanted when I asked for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment