Sunday, March 28, 2010

To Save A Life

Recently I have been more keenly aware of pressure coming from all areas of life. I have read the book , To Save A Life, and heard the song How to Save A Life by the Fray. But I have only just now understood it. I guess I knew it was there, but I really didn't understand what all of it was, or that stuff was all connected. Teens are so pressured. Parents and friends only know the part of it, and me and Jacqueline probably only deal with a fraction of it just because we are homeschooled and therefore are not gone all day to a school. But it's very real. Music, friends, drugs, school, church, activities, photos, electronics, computers, cell phones, internet, movies, all these things are pounding teenagers. Mostly for the bad. Im not saying that all those things are bad, but so many times we walk around like zoombies, cause we stayed up till 3 in the morning on what? the internet, cell phones, friends, listening to music, doing homework cause our life is so chaotic with sports and school that thats the only time to do it. When you hear a song, and think the beat is cool, isnt the first thing to do is just go buy it? Look around though, there are people suffering all around you, and you and I are so caught up in our own little world, that we dont even look at somebody who is dying on the inside. I encourage you to think more about what other people are dealing with this week, you never know - maybe this week you will learn how to save a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment